1. How do I watch movies for free?
When you register for membership to the Filmlounge you’re entitled to watch any 1 of our 10 carefully selected movies for free! Simply register and then go to the accounts page. On the accounts page you will see a button to redeem your free film.
Silver membership is also free, and that entitles you to watch loads more titles for free. In order to become a Silver member you’ll need to gain 15 credits or more, but it’s still free membership, see the membership page for more details.
Every Tuesday night we screen a great movie for all our members to watch for free, it’s called Film Night. The Film Night movie is always going to be something special so make sure you’re around on a Tuesday.
2. How do I earn credits to watch more movies for free?
Earning Filmlounge Credits is easy! You can earn credits in a number of ways.
- Write a review of a movie of more than 300 words and you’ll earn 3 credit.
- Recommended a friend to join the Film Lounge club you’ll earn 3 credits.
- Pay to watch a movie and you’ll earn 5 credits.
3. How do I watch a movie with my console?
As long as you have internet and have a working browser just simply go to Filmlounge.com, register, pick your movie and stream on line – or download the movie in the suitable format.
4. How do I pay for a movie?
We are currently using Paypal for our payment gateway, although you do not have to have a Paypal account so you can use any major credit card and of course pay directly from your paypal account.
5. If I don’t like the movie can I get a refund or my money back?
No, unfortunately everybody has different taste in movies and therefore we cannot offer any form of refund if you do not enjoy the movie – please read our own reviews of the movies as this will give you an indication of the content and rating we have given the movie – Filmlounge do however aim to bring the best in cult and violent genre movies to our users.
6. Can I watch movies on my IPhone or IPad
Filmlounge is compatible with both the Iphone 3, 3GS, 4 and IPad and IPad 2. The streaming service plays automatically without any need for app download, just use Safari to browse and find you film, pay for it and press play, for downloading you must download the file to your PC or MAC and then place the file across into your iTunes account, this will then sync the film onto your device for future viewing.
7. If I am streaming or downloading a movie and my internet connection is interrupted, can I still go back and watch it?
Yes, we have a 48hour time allocation for you to watch your movie, and therefore you can refresh and watch your movie within 24 hours of purchase. Downloads will remain in your my account folder for download until you have successfully downloaded the whole movie at which time the download window will be closed.
8. Do I need to download anything or run software to download or watch movies?
We have tried to make Filmlounge as simple to use as possible, and our unique detection script automatically feeds you the correct movie type – we do recommend having the latest version of your web browser and flash player to ensure compatibility and there maybe some minor bugs with old versions of browsers and operating systems, such as systems prior to Windows XP.
9. Can I stream movies without an internet connection?
No, the live streaming runs from the internet, the movies do buffer and therefore you can pause, allow buffering and watch from the buffer or you can download the file and save for viewing at a later date.
10. How big is an average movie?
At DVD quality an average movie is 2GB in size – so please be aware if you have any broadband download limitations.
11. If I find the movie pauses and has some delays while watching what do I do?
This can occur if other users in your household are also using your connection and limiting your broadband speed, or if you have a broadband speed lower than 4 MB you may have some buffering issues. To resolve this allow the movie to buffer slightly before playing and this will ensure smooth playback.
12. Can I stream in high definition?
All our movies are either Native High Definition or upscaled 720 HD. High definition offers a sharper clearer picture and therefore all movies on Filmlounge.com are provided in this format for your viewing pleasure.
13. Can I download in high definition?
Yes, for films available to download the majority will have high definition versions of the movie – the majority of these will be 720p, however some exclusive and special titles will be available in full 1080 HD.
14. Can I change my details and password?
Yes, simply go to “My Account” and you can change all your details.
15. How do I cancel or unsubscribe my membership?
Give us a call on 07864607385 or email us at email@example.com with your request and we will make it happen for you.